Sunday 26 January 2014

Supermarket Chic

I mentioned in my last post that saving more money is on my agenda for this year, but I've still got to fuel my addiction for prettying up my unit - that's non-negotiable! Rather than hitting the shops and being tempted by pricey homewares, I found inspiration in the midst of a mundane grocery shop. Here is my supermarket haul for a little home sprucing on a budget:

1. Chevron Portable Coffee Mug (Woolworths) - great for a nice cup of coffee at your desk, but even better without the lid and filled with flowers, pencils, make-up brushes or whatever else you fancy. I'm diggin these peach tulips, also picked up at the supermarket.


2. San Pellegrino Sparkling Water - this iconic bottle design  is displayed in so many stylish kitchens and bar carts I see about the web. Lovely.

3. Thankyou Hand Wash - these are a fab wallet-friendly alternative to the expensive Aesop hand washes and proceeds from this range help fund sustainable health and hygiene education programs in developing countries.

4. Limes - I never shy away from a pop of colour so a glass container full of limes adds a suitable hit of green.  Same goes for oranges or lemons; change it up!

How do you find inexpensive ways to spruce up your home?  I'd love to know!

C
x

2 comments:

  1. I love this post claire!! Great photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Your post was great today too! It's so nice that you're feeling so inspired to follow what makes you feel good and means something to you. Let's hope your perspective rubs off on all of us! xx

      Delete